Systems & Information Technology Librarian (Assistant Professor) (CUNY NYC College of Technology, New York)
City University of New York
New York City
Systems & Information Technology Librarian (Assistant Professor)
(CUNY NYC College of Technology, New York)
Job ID: 11063
NYC College of Technology
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Ursula C. Schwerin Library at New York City College of Technology, CUNY,
seeks a tenure-track library faculty member at the assistant professor level
to serve as Systems and Information Technology Librarian. The successful
candidate will provide leadership for planning, managing, evaluating, and
supporting a range of library systems services and operations. The successful
candidate will have experience in library systems and technology. Knowledge of
best practices and emerging trends in information and instructional
technologies is essential.
The Library is committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by
actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women
The Systems and Information Technology Librarian will:
* Oversee library technical infrastructure, including library servers, networking, security, hardware, and software applications.
* Manage local installation of the university-wide integrated library system (ALEPH), including working with technical services and circulation operations in the implementation and evaluation of the integrated library system.
* Keep current with and explore technologies that especially impact library information technology and systems.
* Plan the acquisition of library computer hardware, software, and accessories.
* Troubleshoot all IT related problems and coordinate their investigation and resolution.
* Serve as primary liaison between the library and college IT personnel.
* Coordinate training for library faculty and support staff on systems and information technology.
* Supervise laboratory technicians, library assistants, and/or student workers.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
* Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution, with a second graduate degree required.
* Demonstrated experience with managing an ILS and library information technology services.
* Staff supervisory experience.
* Also required are interest in productive scholarship or creative achievement and the ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
* Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in information and instructional technologies is essential, as are strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills, and strong oral and written communication skills.
* Background or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
* Experience managing servers and understanding of networking, including cloud-based technology
* Experience managing an integrated library system (preferably ALEPH 500)
* Experience working with other library applications, systems, and tools, for example Illiad, OCLC Services, EZProxy, or Serials Solutions (ProQuest)
* Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP
* Experience working with open source software
* Familiarity with current trends in scholarly communication
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering
health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and
savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for
research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing
faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user
account, and provide the requested information. If you are
viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on
our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Candidates
should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.
CLOSING DATE Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Review of resumes will begin 8/13/14.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY We are committed to enhancing our diverse
academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities,
minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in
our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity
and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19231/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/