Center for Research Libraries
Grant funding has enabled Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to continue to
expand its analysis and planning to shape a data centered international
strategy for archiving and digitizing historical journals and newspapers.
We are seeking an individual experienced with the structuring of library
metadata to review and normalize data for ingesting into two databases.
* Verifying that the ingest format is structured correctly
* Identification of macro or obvious problems what will cause data to fail during either the ingest or normalization process
* Verifying data points for ingestion or normalization are present and accurate
* Ensuring output formula is structured correctly
* Reviewing exceptions, documenting problems and developing fixes
MLS or MLIS preferred. Thorough knowledge of MARC bibliographic and holdings
formats, combined with a minimum of three years library experience that
includes checking in serials or copy cataloging serials or newspapers will be
considered in lieu of an advanced library sciences degree. In addition we are
seeking a team player and effective communicator capable of applying a high
degree of attention to detail.
In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a creative
CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19030/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/