*Himmelfarb Health Sciences LibraryThe George Washington University School
of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)Web/Electronic Services Coordinator*
The Web/Electronic Services Coordinator at the Himmelfarb Health Sciences
Library is a crucial member of the library staff. This position works
closely with staff in the library operations department and the reference
and instruction department in order to provide web-based access to the
library’s vast electronic collections and services, and integrate
specialized library software. Other duties include responsibility for the
library’s mobile presence, instruction, currency with new technologies
including web 2.0 applications, and membership on various library
committees. This position reports to the Associate Director for Education,
Information, and Technology Services.
• Upgrade content and design of library website based on usability as new
• Enhance and maintain library website and mobile presence, in conjunction
with Publications Specialist/Web Assistant and Systems Librarian.
• Develop and support custom and specialized library applications; work
closely with library departments to determine development and
• Document all library development projects.
• Customize interface and handle accounts for various library systems
• Chair library Web Committee.
• Serve on various library committees.
• Evaluate and integrate new technologies for use on the library site and
in library-related instruction.
• Manage the library’s social media presence.
• Participates in School of Medicine and Health Sciences Clinical Skills
and Reasoning course as librarian tutor.
• Participate in the departmental Library Liaison program providing
instruction and informational services to various departments (both
academic and clinical), in conjunction with reference department.
• Partner with the reference department to develop web-delivered courses
and instructional materials.
• Contribute to library marketing and communication activities.
• Supervise Library Publications Specialist/Web Assistant (FT).
• Coordinate activities with Marketing and Communications Department and
Academic and Web Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
*Requirements*: 2-5 years experience in web programming/design; MLS from an
accredited school or equivalent mix of education and experience; strong
working knowledge and understanding of current web standards, user
interface design and principles, and mobile technology; knowledge of
content management systems; instructional experience; strong
strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, documentation
*Preferred:* Library work or project experience; supervisory experience;
management skills; knowledge of health sciences resources and environment;
with usability testing, Cold Fusion and Drupal; familiarity with Google
Analytics, and Responsive Design; demonstrated ability to work
collaboratively with all
levels of library staff.
The minimum salary is from $63,000, based on experience and qualifications,
academic benefits.* Application procedure:* The review of applications will
begin on August
14, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete
applications will be
considered. The successful candidate will be required to submit to and
successfully complete a
pre-employment background check. Apply online at https://www.gwu.jobs/. You
will be asked
to submit a resume, cover letter that outlines assessment of skills as they
relate to basic qualifications, salary requirement, and the names contact
information of 3 references including telephone numbers and addresses. *Only
complete applications will be considered.*
The George Washington University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully
discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis
prohibited by applicable law.