Texas Tech University
The Web Librarian is responsible for the ongoing design, development, and
evaluation of the Texas Tech University Libraries web
presence. This tenure-track position works closely with
library staff and university communities to ensure delivery of web services
and online resources. The Web Librarian provides expertise
on web technologies to library faculty and staff as well as contributes to the
development of policies and procedures.
* Maintains excellent written and oral communication with library staff. Disseminates information about the library website and planned changes in a manner that is clear to all levels of library staff in the form of email updates, attendance at staff meetings and other appropriate means.
* Works closely with the supervisor, appropriate teams and departments to establish and refine associated policies, procedures, and workflows.
* Implements suitable web standards. Ensures quality, consistency, and ease of access to all library website supported systems and information.
* Provide organization and ongoing maintenance for the University Libraries' web presence.
* Conduct usability studies to determine if web services and applications are meeting the needs of our user groups.
* Assist with the creation and oversight of web policies and standards.
* Assemble, distribute and evaluate site analytics.
* Collaborate with library staff to create and implement web-based library services.
* Work with all aspects of our content management system including content editing, updates and eventually development and deployment.
* Lead project teams as needed to complete web service initiatives.
* Create and maintain technical and project management documentation.
* Provides training in the area of web content creation and management and user experience.
* As a faculty member, the Web Librarian is responsible for scholarly publishing and active professional service in accordance with Texas Tech University Libraries' standards for promotion and tenure.
Candidates who have very strong records of scholarship supported by extramural
funding and who have the proven capacity or clear potential to bring
externally sponsored research to Texas Tech University are encouraged to
apply. Service duties include program-building, as well as
commitment to extra-curricular activities. Service to the department, college,
university, and community is expected.
Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
Must have knowledge of website standards and other emerging internet trends;
knowledge of website implementation and management techniques. Strong
interpersonal skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication
skills and training abilities. The ability to work creatively, collaboratively
and effectively both as a team member and independently to promote teamwork
among colleagues at all levels. Strong knowledge of HTML and
CSS. Demonstrated project management and problem-solving
skills. Willingness to learn new technologies. Some experience with a web
ADA web compliance techniques. Basic understanding and familiarity with a CMS
such as Drupal, WordPress, or Joomla.
$45,000 - $50,000
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19330/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/