User Experience Designer
South Carolina State Library
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applications
must be submitted online at www.jobs.sc.gov
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer with strong interests and
capabilities in the design and development of engaging user
experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work
environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-
direction, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration with our Information
Technology Division and public service librarians.
The UX Designer will:
1. Manage, maintain, and update the agency's current
webpage. Create, modify, and remove pages as
needed. Create, assist, and modify web based forms.
Troubleshoot website problems. Recommend website procedures
2. Conceptualize, design, prototype, develop, test and iteratively improve
highly usable web applications.
3. Apply current and emerging web design techniques and frameworks to enable
successful integration with real-time information feeds, local and distributed
databases, multimedia content repositories, and web services.
4. Be adept at leveraging and integrating off-the-shelf and open source
technologies, and at identifying when and how customized tools and solutions
must be developed.
5. Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationales visually,
verbally, and in writing, with user advocacy a constant priority.
6. Creates visually appealing graphics, logos, images and related design
elements for agency publications.
7. Facilitate periodic onsite support and training for member libraries.
8. Continuously improve appearance, accessibility, use, friendliness, and
performance of the website.
Minimum Requirement and Additional Requirements:
A bachelor's degree and experience in automated information or communication
system design, installation, operation, or marketing.
Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-
Desired skills and experience:
• Understanding of common software project management and development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills
• Excellent Design/Creativity Skills
• Motion graphics design and production
• Familiarity with video editing and/or video creation
• Demonstrated understanding and/or working knowledge of HTML, CSS,
• Ability to analyze and reduce to logical order complex technical data
Bachelor's or Master's degree in interaction design, news media design or
related design field
Candidate must have and or be able to develop the following:
• Experience with user interface design patterns
• Knowledgeable of popularly used social media apps and
websites. Possess an understanding of photography, or a
desire to learn photography.
Work occurs in a typical office environment and is primarily
sedentary. Some travel is required.
A portfolio to accompany your resume.
If you should have questions or concerns about the job posting, please contact
Jessica E. Cornish, Human Resources and Program Coordinator at (803) 734-8656.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19332/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/