Brown University Library
The Information Designer provides design expertise to
support the development of media and data-driven digital
scholarship. As a member of the Library's Center for
Digital Scholarship (CDS), the Information Designer works with scholars and
technical staff from the conception of digital products through to their
publication. The incumbent identifies and implements
approaches to visual expression that offer clear, persuasive, and
thematically-coherent experiences for an academic audience.
S/he works to conceive, prototype, test, and complete designs for digital
publications that pay particular attention to data representation, user
experience, and the dialectical or exploratory goals of the
scholarship. The Information Designer maintains current
awareness of all relevant UI and UX technologies, and applies that knowledge
as part of development teams working on a variety of digital scholarship
projects in the humanities. This is a grant-supported
position with funding until the end of 2019.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of professional experience in web or UX design.
• Strong knowledge of visual design and data representation principles.
• Knowledge of web standards, data formats and accessibility.
• Expert knowledge of front-end technologies; HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative suite and/or common multimedia editing software
• Knowledge of wireframing software such as Axure or Balsamiq desirable
D3 and Angular.
• Familiarity with academic projects or other scholarly communications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team in an agile project management
Background Check - Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position
at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for
which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for
future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact [log in to unmask]
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic
global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for
employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of,
gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, national origin, race,
protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19390/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/