Associate/Full Professor & Head, Digital Library Services
Oklahoma State University–Stillwater
The OSU Library seeks a highly motivated professional to lead Digital Library
Services. The Department facilitates access to electronic information, print
materials, and library services to ensure that the information needs of OSU
students, faculty, and staff are met, regardless location. The department
supports web-based scholarly publishing initiatives. This position provides
guidance and leadership in the continuing development and promotion of
SHAREOK.org, the collaborative repository project with the University of
The successful candidate will provide leadership and work collaboratively with
library and campus departments to plan, develop, and support access to
electronic reference resources and to develop digital solutions for creating
and managing resources that provide content for research, teaching, and
outreach efforts for OSU Library users.
The Library is undergoing significant reorganizational changes to meet the
evolving research and learning needs of its students and faculty. Information
regarding the OSU Library's current direction can be found online.
* MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution.
* A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in a large research, university, or large public library.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment.
* Excellent knowledge and/or proven skills with a wide variety of technology.
* Excellent analytical skills; creative and innovative problem-solving skills; and the ability to work successfully within a team environment.
* Exceptional core competencies including leadership, professionalism, communication, and organization.
* Knowledge and understanding of key issues and trends in public and information services, information technology, academic libraries, and public higher education.
* Commitment to the professional development and training of staff at all levels; and a record of research, publications, presentations, and/or service to the profession.
* A second advanced degree.
* Experience in a land-grant institution, and experience in an ARL Library.
Each organization has a unique culture and to help candidates determine
whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library may be a good
fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her expectations for OSU Library leaders
on her website.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18989/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/