Museum Digital Archive Intern
Chemical Heritage Foundation
The Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) is offering a 12-week paid internship
with the museum's digital archive team during the summer of 2015 The candidate
will have the opportunity to gain experience in a digital archive, as well as
collections management of CHF's collections of scientific artifacts and fine
art. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work with the Collections Manager and Registrar on a survey of the museum's existing digital assets in preparation of a new digitization initiative
* Catalog artifacts found in collections backlog.
* Assist as needed in other aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Museum Group.
* Currently enrolled or recently completed study in a graduate program, majoring in library science, digital humanities, museum studies, archives, or a related field.
* Working knowledge of databases and/or collection management systems, preferably Past Perfect and Microsoft Access.
* Interest in working with museum collections, particularly objects.
* Knowledge of proper artifact handling techniques is preferred.
* Solid knowledge of archives, public history or museum work.
* Strong written communications and organizational skills.
* Ability to successfully work independently.
* Ability to lift and carry at least 40 pounds.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19863/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/