Cataloging and Acquisitions Librarian
Metropolitan State University
Position: CATALOGING AND ACQUISITIONS LIBRARIAN - State University Faculty
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY
700 East Seventh Street
St. Paul, MN 55106-5000
Posted on: March 23, 2015
Appointment: Full-time, Tenure Track/Probationary
Location: Library and Learning Center
Application Deadline: Friday, April 3, 2015
Send materials to: Apply online only as described under application procedure,
Jody (Mary) Anderson
Phone: (651) 793-1811
* Catalog monographs and other materials, including original cataloging, copy cataloging, classification, and physical processing.
* Manage electronic media acquisition and licensing, including, but not limited to, ebooks and streaming films.
* Manage acquisition processes for the physical collection, including ordering, receiving, invoice payment, physical processing, gift accessioning, and approval plan management.
* Serve as a systems administrator for a local instance of an integrated library system (ILS) within a consortium environment.
* Apply metadata expertise to locally-developed digital collections.
* Perform quality control and maintenance of records and access points for all monographic records and collections.
* Develop, manage, monitor, and report on budget for one-time purchases.
* Participate as appropriate within the MnPALS and Minitex library consortiums.
* Provide weekly reference coverage to gain better understanding of the end user experience.
* May direct student workers and library technicians.
* May include some library instruction and evening and weekend responsibilities.
* Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement.
* Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study.
* Contribute to student growth and development through advising and assistance and engage in service to the university and community.
* Outstanding candidates will demonstrate a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body through delivering a student-centered education in a liberal arts and sciences context and will possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals.
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library and/or information science earned no later than August 15, 2015.
* Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
* Demonstrated ability to work in an institution with a culturally, economically and linguistically diverse workforce.
* Previous customer or public service experience.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
* Aptitude for complex, analytical work, with attention to detail.
* Knowledge of and experience with current cataloging and metadata standards, principles, and tools/software.
* Knowledge of major bibliographic library networks.
* Awareness of new and emerging cataloging and metadata standards, principles, and trends, such as linked data.
* Knowledge of current acquisitions practices, including patron-driven or demand-driven acquisitions.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain quality control and accuracy of catalog records.
* Commitment and demonstrated ability to engage in scholarly and professional development activities at the level necessary to meet requirements for tenure and promotion, including professional service and scholarship.
* Knowledge of Ex Libris Aleph ILS and the ProQuest/Serials Solutions discovery tools.
* Experience with eresource licensing and electronic resource management systems (ERMSs) and knowledgebases (KBs), ideally ProQuest/Serials Solutions.
* Experience managing budgets in an academic library.
* Experience providing reference service and/or library instruction in an academic library.
* Experience directing student workers and/or library staff.
* Interest in new and emerging technologies and their applications in academic libraries.
To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Friday, April 3,
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their
* Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position;
* Current curriculum vita;
* Names of four (4) professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
* Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date of your highest attained degree, with your name and the academic institution's name/logo are required. If master's study is in progress at the time of application, submit the most recent transcript showing your course of study and progress to date. We are not able to accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
* Additional materials may be requested at a later date.
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
* For more information about Metropolitan State University, please visit our website at:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU)
Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business
who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's
vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity
employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color,
creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status,
marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as
defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and
encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and
individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States
at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20037/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/