Apologies for cross-posting; please see the press release for the latest VuFind release below.
Note that SourceForge seems to be a bit slow mirroring files today, so apologies in advance if download links aren't working right away; hopefully they will catch up soon. You can always grab the latest code from GitHub if necessary.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions or problems!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
VuFind 2.4 Released
Villanova, Pennsylvania - March 23, 2015 - Version 2.4 of the VuFind Open Source discovery software has just been released. This new release adds several new features as well as further improving the stability and flexibility of the software.
Some key additions and changes:
- A new default theme incorporating responsive design for a more consistent desktop vs. mobile experience.
- Support for the Piwik open source analytics tool.
- Integration with new web services including DPLA search results and Facebook authentication.
- Smarter indexing of call numbers for improved searching, sorting and browsing.
- Updates to the latest versions of key components, including Zend Framework and SolrMarc, and adjustments to take advantage of new language features found in PHP 5.4.
Additionally, several bug fixes, new configuration options and minor improvements have been incorporated.
Questions about the new release or VuFind in general can be directed to Demian Katz, the lead developer of the project at Villanova University. The software and its documentation may be found at http://vufind.org.
[log in to unmask]
Falvey Memorial Library
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085