Library Digital Services Manager
St. Edward's University
**Library Digital Services Manager**
We're looking for a Library Digital Services Manager who is passionate about
building solutions and solving problems. If you have an eye for code quality
and efficiency, a strong work ethic, like to have fun, and you love to work
with cutting-edge technologies and enjoy being challenged on a daily basis, we
This position has both support and developer responsibilities -- the balance
between them will evolve with the needs of the library. In
this job, you will juggle multiple projects. You will translate high-level
requirements into core functionalities and craft them into clean, well-
documented code. You will rely on your debugging and problem-solving skills,
as you consider and incorporate feedback. You will be asked to think about the
big picture and learn new skills, as the job has the potential to grow with
With an eagerness to learn and serve, we are a creative and energetic team
that values collaboration, attention to detail, and craftsmanship. We work
together to help people learn and gain access to resources, as we build the
academic library of the 21st Century.
**The kinds of things you'll likely do in this position:**
• Work with both vendors and campus IT to support the library's core systems -
ILS and search engine/discovery layer, content management system, other
library-specific applications (reserves, interlibrary loan), as well as an
• Automate library processes, such as sending and receiving vendor data.
• Collaborate in building and supporting thoughtful integrations with multiple
• Work both independently and with the rest of the systems team to execute
both large and small-scale projects, including development, implementation,
and maintenance of websites and applications from a combination of existing
tools and frameworks, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Bachelor's or Associate's degree in an area related to computer sciences or
information systems or equivalent experience
• Strong SQL knowledge
• Excellent written, verbal, and conversational communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly and solve problems with creative solutions
• Write HTML, CSS (specifically Sass), and perhaps some JS to assist with the
random front-end task.
• Experience with web development or technology support services in a library
or academic setting supporting an ILS / LSP
• Familiarity with PHP backend development
• Manage version-controlled codebases through git, test them through
continuous integration, and deploy websites to hosts.
• Test and debug issues across multiple browsers and a variety of devices.
• Have experience with dynamic data-driven websites with relevant standards
• Development experience with Drupal, including themes and modules
• Knowledge of other back-end languages/frameworks
• Knowledge of front-end JS and jQuery
**A little bit about us:**
St. Edward's University is a diverse, top-rated liberal arts institution
located in the dynamic, cosmopolitan tech center of Austin, Texas. The Munday
Library is a sixteen-person academic library that supports the university, its
mission, and serves as the intellectual heart of the university.
St. Edward's University Library is committed to developing employees and
supporting their career goals, helping them learn and grow with a host of
meaningful experiences and opportunities. With more than 5,000 students, St.
Edward's University has been recognized for 10 consecutive years as one of
"America's Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report, and ranks in the top 20
of Best Regional Universities in the Western Region.
**How to Apply**
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at
www.stedwards.applicantpro.com Please attach a letter of interest, a resume,
and at least three professional references. Feel free to include links to work
you have done that you would like us to see.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer and hires only U.S.
citizens and documented workers.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19786/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/