Specialist - Digitization
Utah Valley University
Under the direction of the Digitization and Archives Librarian, the
Digitization Specialist will use professional grade equipment to capture,
restore, correct, and edit images, audio and video to ensure preservation and
accessibility of selected information.
Scans and digitizes archival material. Captures, restores and corrects images.
Loads digitized materials with the associated metadata into CONTENTdm.
* Knowledge of the role of the archives and digitization in the library, on campus, and within the larger community.
* Knowledge of digital project planning and implementation.
* Knowledge of authoring CD's and DVD's.
* Knowledge of Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple DVD Studio Pro or similar DVD authoring software, Adobe Flash, and designing webpages using XHTML and CSS.
* Graduation from an accredited institution with an associate's degree in a related field plus two years of experience or a combination of relative education and experience totaling four years.
Experience using a digital content management system such as CONTENTdm to load
images and enter metadata.
Ability to use Plus Deck 2 and Express Scribe, to digitize and transcribe oral
history audio for preservation and access purposes.
Preferred Qualification: Graduation from an accredited institution with
Bachelor's degree and one years' experience related to the essential functions
OR a combination of education and experience related to the essential
functions totaling 5 years.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19499/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/