Indian Trails Public Library
**Title: **Website Developer
**Average Weekly Work Hours: **37.5
**FLSA Classification: **Exempt
To serve the members of the Indian Trails Library District by overseeing the
day-to-day development of the library's Internet, Intranet, and local and
remote web accessible resource. This employee works under the supervision of
the Information Technology Manager.
**Key Duties and Responsibilities:**
* Work with the Communications Services Department, and other departments as needed, to provide marketing, information, and resource access through the library website, Intranet site, and resource sites.
* Manage updates, maintenance and troubleshooting for all web-related operations, including the library website, staff Intranet, remote patron authentication system, library kiosk, catalog web access, and web accessible resources.
* Schedule and conduct web committee meetings.
* Design, implement, program, and deploy new ideas and products.
* Maintain an awareness of staff hardware and software needs in relation to web-based technologies.
* Maintain an awareness of current and trending hardware and software technology.
* Analyze website metrics monthly. Ascertain which statistics are important, and how to use them to create a better user experience.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in website development, programming, or related field or a combination of an Associate's Degree in website development with three years related experience and job relevant certifications.
* Extensive experience using Windows compatible and/or Apple Macintosh computers with regards to web development, implementation, and deployment.
* Ability to take a design from conception to final, navigable website using proven user experience (UX) methodologies and progressive enhancement.
* Experience with a content management system (CMS) such as Drupal or Adobe Web Design Creative Suite.
* Experience with Linux and Apache.
* Technical knowledge of computer hardware operations, and awareness of trends in hardware and software technology.
* Strong desire to innovate and push technology forward.
* Excellent communication and training skills required.
Salary of $46,030.00. To apply, send resume via e-mail to HR at [log in to unmask]
Please include the job title in the subject line.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19820/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/