Discovery Services Librarian
Ohio Wesleyan University
The Libraries at Ohio Wesleyan University seeks a creative, flexible, and
innovative individual for the position of Discovery Services Librarian (DSL).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, support, and
maintenance of all library discovery services and will assist with
troubleshooting electronic resource access issues and remote access issues.
The OWU Libraries shares CONSORT, its integrated online catalog and
circulation system, with the libraries at the College of Wooster, Denison
University and Kenyon College. OWU Libraries are members of the The Five
Colleges of Ohio consortium and OhioLINK, a statewide consortium of academic l
Reporting to the Head of Collection Services, the DSL will serve in a hybrid
position, bridging technical and public services. The successful candidate
will improve, extend, and integrate the Libraries' various search tools,
including our library catalog, discovery layer, library web page, and
e-resources portals, in order to promote seamless access to our resources. In
addition, the DSL will serve as librarian liaison to assigned academic
departments; participate in digital scholarship projects; provide individual
research assistance and course-related instruction; and contribute to staffing
the reference desk, including some evening hours. The DSL represents OWU and
works collaboratively with counterparts at our consortial partner institutions
(CONSORT, Five Colleges of Ohio, and OhioLINK). Completes other duties as
assigned. The position will be available July 1, 2015.
* Masters degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accreditedinstitution.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an academic library.
* Knowledge of current practices and tools used by academic libraries for the accessto and discovery of resources.
* Demonstrated enthusiasm for and current awareness of trends in library informationtechnology.
* Knowledge of cataloging, including MARC and AACR2.
* Experience with HTML coding and web page development.
* Proficiency with using relational databases, spreadsheets and other productivitytools.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with ability to share technical expertise with diverse audiences.
* Effective planning, organizational, and project management skills.
* Ability to work independently and collegially with internal and external campusconstituents.
* Strong commitment to collaboration, a respectful work environment, and teamwork.
* Strong commitment to creating and supporting innovative, user-centered libraryresources and services.
* Willingness to embrace change and think creatively.
Qualified candidates should go to http://jobs.owu.edu to obtain complete
position details and application instructions.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/19915/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/