The Digital Archivist will preserve records to ensure materials are available
in the short and long term. To perform these tasks, the ideal candidate will
possess the organizational skills required to manage large amounts of data
within a Data Asset Management process and solution. Must possess analytical
and research skills required to ascertain which records are of priority
preservation while in-queue/process. Be prepared to discuss a similar work
history, with a successful track record managing significant collections of
documents, records, videos, photos and additional corporate collateral
archiving. Government agency or corporate archiving experience is preferred.
This person will also have a full understanding of highly secure digital
environments within their DAM experience.
* Ensure effective metadata tagging, file structure, and find-ability to optimize the use of Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
* Create an archive (file) structure for each asset group to best accommodate end users and content producers' needs.
* Meta-tag and catalogue newly edited and unedited digital assets.
* Organize, catalogue, and classify legacy media assets.
* Contribute in the development of archiving standards and workflow to manage retention decisions and sustain the DAM archive infrastructure.
* Generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the usage of the DAM system and storage space, and for periodic auditing of the file structure to ensure long-term persistence and usability of the digital assets.
* Configure digital archive software, manage user accounts, and control access (ACL management).
* Provide hands-on user training.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of
the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills,
and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At least 5 years experience in an in-house media production team that handles
design, audio, video and photography assets.
Thorough knowledge of and experience with digital asset management systems,
setting up metadata schemas and standards.
Minimum university degree from an ALA accredited program with a concentration
in information science, archives management, library science or comparable
Some familiarity with data manipulation languages like SQL is highly
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20128/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/