Lehigh University is a premier residential research university offering majors
and programs in four colleges: The College of Education, The College of Arts
and Sciences, The College of Business and Economics, and The P.C. Rossin
College of Engineering and Applied Science. More than 4,700 undergraduate and
2,000 graduate students attend Lehigh. Located in Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh
Valley, the campus is situated on 1,600 acres in close proximity to both New
York City and Philadelphia.
Entrepreneurial and user-focused, the Business/Data Librarian will develop
strong relationships with Lehigh faculty and students to further their
research, teaching, and learning.
Responsibilities: Develop, evaluate and manage business and economics
electronic resources, database services and data resources for curricular and
research needs; serve as database expert. Provide data and statistical support
to faculty and students, primarily in the College of Business and Economics
(CBE) and assist social science researchers with data management plans
required by grants. Provide instructional programs and research assistance.
Support scholarly publishing/archiving of scholarly work. Lead library metrics
* Periods of high volume/workload may be required to meet research deadlines.
* Occasional evening, holiday or weekend hoursOccasional travel is required to attend seminars as needed
* MS in Library/Information Science or related discipline; subject background in the social sciences.
* Knowledge of and experience with statistical software, preferably STATA.
* Experience with research datasets and data management preferred.
* Three to five years related work experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Successful completion of background checks required.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20585/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/