Assistant Director 2, Content Services (Salt Lake Community College, Utah)
Salt Lake Community College
Salt Lake City
Job Summary: The Assistant Director of Content Services provides leadership,
vision and support for the Content Services Division including supervising
full-time and part-time staff. This position oversees and coordinates
collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, serials, electronic
resources, digital resources, emerging technologies and educational
initiatives, archives and preservation, data management, and improving
accessibility and the end user experience in online environments including the
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Collection Development: Oversee the development of collections in all formats
including print, media, electronic, digitized, archival materials, open
education resources (OER), etc. Chair Collection Development team and run
meetings. Explore and utilize the most recent purchasing and licensing models
such as Patron Driven Acquisition. Coordinate with vendors, including getting
quotes, setting up trials, and handling licensing. Oversee the analysis of
collections for adequacy, currency, usable formats, and accessibility.
Participate on the Utah Academic Library Consortium (UALC) Collection
Development team for the purpose of planning, purchasing and sharing
resources. Manage the Acquisitions budget to ensure the efficient and
effective use of resources. Coordinate with Library Liaisons to acquire and
provide access to requested and appropriate resources.
Emerging Technology & Education Initiatives: Provide vision, leadership and
support for the discovery, promotion, and utilization of emerging technologies
in order to enhance accessibility and support education initiatives.
Collaborate across the library, college and community to develop and carry out
education initiatives such as Open Education Resources (OER), Universal
Accessibility, digitization projects, streaming media, integration with the
Learning Management System, and improving the website. Oversee the utilization
of new media to provide on-demand access to content anytime, anywhere, on any
digital device; and the use of interactive user feedback and creative
participation in order to enhance the end-user experience in online
environments. Oversee the maintenance of the library website in terms of
content and accessibility.
Data Collection and Analysis: Analyze, manage, and utilize data related to
collections, physical and electronic product usage, and online access in order
to maintain and improve collections and to meet the goals of the College.
Gather requested and required data and report to the proper internal and
external agencies including College departments, the National Center for
Education Statistics (IPEDS) and accrediting bodies. Participate in the
planning, executing, analyzing and using of user surveys to ensure the
adequacy of resources and accessibility.
Oversee Operations: Oversee the operation of the Content Services Division of
Library Services. Provide vision and direction for the function and purpose of
the division. Supervise full-time and part-time librarians and staff,
including hiring, training, evaluating, mentoring, facilitating professional
development and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
Other duties: Assist the Director of Library Services as needed. Manage
Library Services in the Director's absence. Participate on various college
committees and task forces as assigned. Participate with library
administration to ensure the overall effectiveness of library operations
including development of library goals and policy, staff development and
budgeting. Other duties as required.
Master's degree in Library and Information Science (from an ALA accredited
Three (3) to five (5) years of direct, paid, full-time experience of which
three (3) must be supervisory experience.
Two (2) or more years of experience in an academic library.
Demonstrated experience working with educational technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to manage a large budget
* Experience with automated Library systems (ALS/ILS) such as SirsiDynix Symphony
* Experience with collection development functions such as content selection, collection evaluation and management, product trials, purchasing and licensing
* Knowledge of cataloging and metadata creation
* Experience in the evaluation, adoption and integration of emerging technologies and services
* Knowledge of digital content management and repository systems such asCONTENTdm, DSpace, Islandora and Equella
* Ability to analyze information and collections and report findings
* Ability to work in a data driven environment
* Ability to collect, analyze, use and report data
* Ability to collaborate with faculty, staff, administrators and the community
* Ability to manage contracts and licensing agreements
* Knowledge of Copyright Law and Fair Use guidelines as they apply to academic institutions
* Knowledge of ADA requirements and accessibility standards for content and systems
* Familiarity with website design and technology
* Ability to study and improve end user experience with library content and services
* Ability to seek out, study and introduce new library and instructional technologies
* Familiarity with Open Education Resources
* Experience with online education and Learning Management Systems
* Experience with student information systems such as Banner
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage multiple complex projects and activities
* Effective organizational, management, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20321/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/