Emerging Technologies Librarian
Fairmont State University
Fairmont State University (FSU) is currently recruiting applicants for an
Emerging Technologies Librarian, an Assistant Librarian appointment, as soon
as possible. The individual selected for this twelve-month, library-track,
non-tenure faculty position will report to the Coordinator of Reference &
Instructional Services and will be responsible for the creation and
implementation of innovative, digital course/curriculum-related instructional
and informational delivery tools and programs; shared management, oversight
and contribution to the library's social networking, mobile, and electronic
presence; shared general and specialized reference, bibliographic, and
research assistance for on-site, distance and virtual library users;
individual and group instruction of general and assignment-specific library
information and research resources; shared responsibility, oversight, and
contribution to the library's outreach, marketing, and promotional campaigns;
and active participation in library-related events and service to the
University and campus communities. Applicants must have an ALA-Accredited
Master's degree in Library/Information Science and two-three years of
professional experience in an academic library.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Providing service to both Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community & Technical College, this position is responsible for the following:
* Creation and implementation of innovative, digital course-/curriculum-related instructional and information delivery tools and programs to help students meet University pedagogical, information literacy and assessment standards.
* Shared management, oversight and contribution to the Library's social networking, mobile, and electronic presence: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
* Shared general and specialized reference, bibliographic, and research assistance for on-site, distance and virtual library users.
* Individual and group instruction of general and assignment-specific Library information and research resources to students, faculty, and staff.
* Shared responsibility, oversight, and contribution to the Library's outreach, marketing, and promotional campaigns.
* Active participation in Library-related events and service to the University and campus community.
* Evening and rotational weekend hours.
* Second master's degree in a technology or education-related discipline.
* Experience with web development, knowledge of issues and trends in teaching and assessment methodology and instructional design.
* Experience with current technologies, scripting languages and software programs such as HTML, XML, Drupal, Photoshop, MySQL, Flash, etc.
* Face-to-face classroom teaching in an academic environment.
* Familiarity with Blackboard or other online instructional course environments, like Moodle.
* Library public relations and marketing.
Special Conditions: Applicants must provide evidence and documentation of
instructional experience and technology skills with a fifteen-minute
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20384/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/