Special Collections Metadata Librarian
Department: 060021 - O'Neill Library
Position: 00008133 - Special Collections Metadata Librarian
Grade or Band: 3RD
When legacy metadata is poised to launch into the world, do you feel driven to
make sure it meets the standards you know and love? Do you delight in helping
special collections reach a wide audience?
Boston College Libraries is seeking a Special Collections Metadata Librarian
to coordinate special collections cataloging and quality control activity,
with a focus on high-priority Jesuitica initiatives. This librarian will work
closely with colleagues in Digital Collections, Metadata Creation &
Management, and the Burns Library to ensure the success of special projects
and support priorities for digitization and metadata remediation efforts. In
addition to providing accurate metadata for special collections materials in
multiple systems, the Librarian coordinates and monitors the work of one
assistant, providing training, documentation, and problem resolution.
* Three years of professional cataloging experience in an academic library environment, including work with special collections materials.
* Substantive experience with RDA, AACR2, LCSH, LC classification, and USMARC formats; familiarity with DCRM(B).
* Experience performing original cataloging of materials in Latin and Romance languages.
* Experience in training, developing, and supervising staff in a production-oriented environment.
* Significant database maintenance experience.
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
* B.A. in the Humanities
* MLS from an ALA-accredited program
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20202/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/