Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian
Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater State University seeks an innovative, creative and service-
oriented professional for the position of Collection Development and
Acquisitions Librarian. This is a MSCA tenure track, library faculty position.
The successful candidate will coordinate, manage, and lead all collection
development activities and acquisition processes while reporting to the
Director of Library Services.
Manage the selection, assessment, and acquisitions of resources in all
formats. Coordinate library liaison activities between the library and campus.
Manage the annual materials budget and purchasing for library resources in all
formats; track statistics and spending projections. Work with publishers and
vendors to manage database subscriptions, purchase orders, and electronic
licensing agreements, as well as resolve problems as needed. Stay current on
changes in the development, evaluation, and management of information
resources through participation in electronic-based discussions, review of
professional literature, and attendance at professional meetings and
conferences. Work with library colleagues to set policies, workflows, and
procedures, as well as represent the library on campus and/or regional
• Master's degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
• Minimum three years of relevant experience pertaining to acquisitions and
• Supervisory experience in an academic library environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with automated library systems, usage tools, and
vender management tools.
• Experience with electronic resources, digital rights management and
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with colleagues,
faculty and staff in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
• Second Master's degree in relevant subject area (second master's degree
required for promotion beyond associate librarian rank).
• Knowledge of the publishing industry and copyright issues.
• Familiarity using Voyager ILS or other library management systems.
Bridgewater State University, currently celebrating its 175th anniversary, has
acted as a pioneer institute in the field of teacher education since its
founding in 1840. With nearly 12,000 students and over 90 areas of study, both
undergraduate and graduate, BSU is the third largest public university in the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Its 272 acre campus is home to 38 academic,
administrative and residential buildings, as well as a newly opened satellite
campus on Cape Cod. BSU is situated in the heart of Southeastern Massachusetts
and provides a small town setting, yet is only a short commute away from
popular destinations such as Boston, Providence, RI and Cape Cod.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20272/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/