User Experience and Digital Resources
Savannah College of Art and Design
SCAD's Jen Library seeks a head librarian to enhance user engagement across
online and physical library environments.
* Work closely with other head librarians and senior director to provide leadership for the university's library system, supporting institutional objectives.
* Supervise visual resources center manager and librarians in cataloging, acquisitions, collections, serials, systems, and access services, and be responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these areas.
* Lead implementation and management of digital solutions to meet requirements of library users, administer library's electronic resource and database acquisitions, and establish an Electronic Resource Management system for databases.
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library science, information science, or equivalent
* 3-5 years of supervisory experience
* Excellent project development skills
* Ability to manage various departmental operations in fast-paced, dynamic environment
* In-depth knowledge of current trends/new developments in technical services and digital library initiatives
* Strong working knowledge of library management information systems
* Ability to evaluate systems, sites, and electronic resources and make recommendations for acquisition/development
* Knowledge of interaction design, user interface design, or service design
* Familiarity with software used for conducting usability testing and analysis
* Undergraduate or additional graduate degree in a subject taught at SCAD preferred
* User experience coursework, certificate, or professional experienced preferred
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/20892/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/