Auto-Graphics a provider in library automation software for ILS, ILL and
discovery systems is seeking and individual for the position of Customer
Service manager. Below is a description of the position and duties.
Anyone that is interested or knows of someone who might be seeking a
position should contact Chuck Felten at [log in to unmask]
Responsible for initial project development and deployment of medium to
large and complex projects this includes coordinating internal resources
and executing project details. Customer Service Managers will oversee
installation of A-G's software products purchased by customers and are
responsible in ongoing support of the software. You will teach entry to
intermediate-level product training courses within assigned curriculum.
You may co-teach or work independently to conduct training at a regional
training center or onsite at a customer location. Interacts with sales
to keep sales informed on customer status and sales opportunities.
1. Communicates regularly with customers to ensure quality of
product and customer service.
2. Provides first level product support for various assigned A-G
software products (AGent, Impact/VERSO, CMS)
3. Provides customer support and answers customer questions during
and after implementation.
4. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice
mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users
experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other
5. Interviews customers to collect information about a problem and
leads the customer through diagnostic procedures to determine source of
6. Problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and
follow-up for routine customer problems, referring more complex problems
to supervisor or development staff.
7. Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes
recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
8. Consults with developers to explain software errors or to
recommend changes to programs and the product interface.
9. Participates in software QA prior to a release.
10. Deliver instructor-led, classroom training to customers by
providing lecture-style instruction and hands-on demonstrations of
11. Prepare training materials and documentation. Maintain and prepare
records of attendance and course evaluations.
12. Learn all relevant aspects of new and updated products to ensure
ability to teach training courses on these products. Ensure ongoing
improvement of product knowledge, training and presentation skills, and
13. Ensure classroom environment is set up appropriately and training
materials are available.
14. Researches and follows up on questions/issues raised in training
15. Assist in mentoring and developing new instructors.
16. Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in
support of product development.
17. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales,
programming, marketing, and operations to develop and provide product
definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
1. Schedule and facilitate initial customer meetings and interviews
as an introduction to the implementation.
2. Coordinates the installation of A-G software applications
purchased by the customer.
3. Setup and configuration of the software application.
4. Works with customer to analyze and evaluate customer data to
assure proper formatting for data conversion.
5. Defines and develops of data conversion routines to convert and
load data into the application using standard program utilities
developed by A-G.
6. Provide on going databases management activities which includes
on-going updates, indexing, and when required authority control
7. Develops and maintains project schedules, status reports and
reports to all members of the project team and management on a regular
8. Ensures delivery of training, conversion and software
9. Manages multiple projects concurrently.
10. Responsible for understanding and implementing the requirements
contained within a customers contract.
11. Prepares billing on assigned projects and ensures accuracy of the
12. Well developed classroom delivery skills including: proven track
record of preparation and performance in a classroom, outstanding
communication skills (voice projection, classroom presence), ability to
answer and research questions asked in class
13. Solid functional knowledge of specific product area (Library
Technical Services, Cataloging, Inter Library Loan)
14. Excellent interpersonal, and presentation skills
15. Ability to teach others functional system concepts in a classroom
16. Self-motivation and the ability to work independently to get the
17. Ability to multi-task
18. Strong attention to detail
19. Ability to work well in a team environment
20. Familiarity with PowerPoint
Vice President of Customer Service | Auto-Graphics, Inc.
430 North Vineyard Avenue, Suite 100 | Ontario |CA | 91764
e. [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> |
o. 909.569.1503 | m. 800.776.6939 | f. 855.314.6880
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.