(Please excuse cross-postings.)
Purdue University is looking to hire 2 Engineering Information Specialists. Both are tenure-track faculty positions to help support the expansion of the College of Engineering.
The Engineering Information (EI) Specialist:
1. acts as a liaison with two to four Schools in the College of Engineering;
2. participates in interdisciplinary, collaborative research projects, including sponsored research, within the Libraries and the College of Engineering;
3. makes connections between engineering faculty and units of the Libraries to enable greater research productivity, sustainable publication and dissemination of scholarship and data;
4. participates in the development of information literacy outcomes, through an informed learning approach, in support of the University’s new undergraduate core curriculum that requires information literacy outcomes for all undergraduates;
5. and contributes to Libraries-wide initiatives and participates in faculty governance of the Libraries.
As a member of the Libraries faculty, the EI Specialist must articulate a research agenda that explores questions within the EI Specialist’s area of specialization, resulting in a scholarly publication record as required for promotion and tenure at Purdue University.
More information is available at http://www.lib.purdue.edu/about/employment/
Tao Zhang, PhD
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Digital User Experience Specialist
Purdue University Libraries
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>