Library Web Services Specialist
Five Colleges of Ohio
The Five Colleges of Ohio (a consortium comprised of The College of Wooster,
Denison University, Kenyon College, Oberlin College, and Ohio Wesleyan
University) seeks creative and enthusiastic applicants to work in
collaboration with the Associate Director of Consortial Library Systems and
members of the consortium to support, enhance, and extend the capabilities of
the consortium's library management system, discovery tools, and digital
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. The Library Web Services
Specialist's office could be at Denison, Kenyon, Ohio Wesleyan, or Wooster,
but occasional travel to each of the colleges will be required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to continuous
improvement of users' experiences with library systems and be able to
contribute ideas and sustainable solutions to technical challenges inherent in
the management and discovery of library data.
* Assisting with loading data for electronic resources (books, videos, journals) into the consortial library catalog.
* Developing customizations for user interfaces and library web services.
* Writing SQL queries to help develop reports in support of library staff's information needs.
* Proposing and developing solutions to technical challenges presented by library applications and workflows.
* Troubleshooting issues with library applications as reported by library staff members.
* Contributing technical expertise to the collaborative evaluation of new and emerging library technologies.
* Ability to work at least 15 hours per week.
* Coursework in computer science, information science and technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated experience with SQL and database-driven web applications.
* Demonstrated experience working with APIs.
* Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proactive, quick learner, with a strong sense of curiosity and enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
* Bachelors degree in computer science, information science and technology, or related field.
* Experience with an integrated library system (ILS) and library bibliographic data.
* Knowledge of usability design and assessment.
* Experience with Python, Perl, or Ruby.
* Experience with web graphic design.
To apply visit: [http://employment2.kenyon.edu/postings/2026](http://employmen
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21506/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/