Web Applications Developer at UIC Library
University of Illinois at Chicago
The University Library at UIC is seeking a Web Applications Developer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative web developer to help us unite
and build our web presence. This web developer will work
with the Senior Digital Library Applications Developer, and other Library IT
staff to develop, implement, and maintain web-based library systems.
Within an Agile development framework, the web developer will contribute to
each stage of the project lifecycle, from project planning with stakeholders,
to writing top-notch code, collecting and integrating user feedback, creating
effective tests, and writing quality documentation.
Join Chicago's largest public research university in developing cutting-edge
library resources for the public good. This is a great
opportunity to gain further experience with cutting-edge web development
tools, in an energetic, supportive, creative, and forward-thinking
Key Responsibilities / Duties
* Develop and implement applications, databases and web services for the Library's web presence.
* Write fully accessible and responsive HTML user interfaces.
* Fully document code and processes.
* Write tests to be used in continuous integration processes.
* Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a closely related discipline.
* A minimum of 1 year experience developing web-based applications.
* Experience with:
* Database-driven web application development.
* Web-centric languages such as PHP, Python, Java, and/or Ruby.
This position is part of the Information Technology Division of the UIC
University Library. To apply and see the full position
description and list of qualifications, see [https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21534/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/