Supervisor Digitization Services
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
Under the Supervision of the Local History & Genealogy Manager, is responsible
for digitization project management and tracking, materials assessment,
planning and coordinating the digitization of materials from internal agencies
and external customers, and oversight of the digitization of materials
(scanning or digital photography) including the supervision of staff, policy
development and workflow.
* Manages the continued growth and development of digitization projects and implements new projects as they arise, including identifying and evaluating potential digitization projects; selecting materials for digitization; resolving intellectual property and privacy issues; overseeing the scanning of materials and creation of descriptive metadata.
* Supervises clerical and librarian staff involved in the digitization process. Monitors, updates, and enhances metadata for the digitized items.
* Supervises archival processing, the creation of metadata and the ingest of assets into the digital collection management platform.
* Ensures quality and consistency of digital records and metadata. Determines means and methods for assessing production quality and tracks statistics and feedback.
* Serves as a point person and advocate for library digitization activities in the region, state, and at the national level.
* Coordinates, plans, and conducts community scanning events.
* Manages project communications and contributes to website, blog posts, and social media presence.
EMPLOYEE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAINING
Knowledge & Skills:
* Working knowledge of digitization systems, standards, and technology.
* Working knowledge of emerging standards in digital collection management systems, including the use of CONTENTdm digital collections management software and Content Management System software.
* Familiarity with copyright as it relates to digitization of cultural heritage materials.
* Working knowledge of library/archival metadata standards and practices.
* Understands the core principles of one or more key functions of the job and may have some relevant work experience.
* Possesses technical knowledge and demonstrates understanding and ability to apply the knowledge to the job. Fully competent skill level.
* Has all required technical and business knowledge spanning the key functions of the job, gained through performing complex and varied work over the course of time.
* Demonstrates mastery of all technical and business knowledge across all functions of the job, gained through highly complex and varied work; operates at a strategic level.
* Master's degree in Library/Information Science or related experience (preferred). Experience working in a library, archive, or cultural heritage organization.
* Proven proficiency in project management and the ability to take ownership of a project within a complex administrative structure.
* Experience handling delicate and rare/valuable special collection or archival materials.
* Experience in the field of digitization, including knowledge of best practices for imaging, analog to digital media conversion, metadata skills; ability to manage and maintain a digital collections repository.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask] or
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
(Attention: Human Resources)
325 N. Michigan Ave
Toledo OH 43604
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21536/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/