Digital Asset Manager (National Fire Protection Association, Massachusetts)
National Fire Protection Association
Do you want to make a difference? We have a unique opportunity for a Digital
Asset Manager to be responsible for creating and implementing strategy to
leverage digital assets, information and knowledge in support of NFPA mission.
* Develop and implement best practices for archiving print and electronic assets.
* Digitize archival materials and create descriptive metadata for online access and researcher use.
* Manage retention and disposition policy.
* Participate in asset building projects including contributions of materials of enduring value to digital repository for long term access.
* Conduct searches for information in response to reference requests and prepare comprehensive replies to requests.
* Additional library duties/responsibilities as needed.
* Graduate degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited institution and/ or equivalent work experience.
* 1-3 years experience.
* Demonstrated experience working with standard metadata formats (e.g., MARC, EAD, TEI, VRA Core, METS, MODS, PREMIS, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and prioritize multiple tasks, attention to detail, and complex problem-solving skills.
* High degree of comfort and interest in innovation, electronic records, and information technology.
* Ability to work individually and with a team to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to effectively communicate with coworkers, superiors, and stakeholders.
* Specific experience with evaluating and implementing technical solutions or digital asset systems preferred.
* A commitment to strong customer service within and outside the library.
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21596/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/