Postdoc Fellow in Digital Humanities
Arizona State University
Postdoctoral Fellow in Digital Humanities--(Job 11204) The School of
Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies (SHPRS) at Arizona State
University (ASU) invites applications for a full-time, benefits eligible,
digital humanities Postdoctoral Fellow. Under guidance of the principal
investigators for the SocialScribe project on annotation, history, and time-
based media, the successful candidate will take on the following leadership
roles in the project: manage server side programming for the project, write
code that will conduct program components into a Drupal web app for stand-off
annotation, and further the mission of public history and digital humanities
research at ASU. The successful candidate will also
collaborate with public history & Nexus Lab to transform the existing
SocialScribe prototype into a sustainable, scalable web application;
collaborate on the SocialScribe research project, including the refinement of
analytical and curatorial tools, technology, etc. to contribute to research
team achieving goals; collaborate on prototype demonstration projects for use
by others; provide documentation.
This is a fixed-term, fiscal year (12 month) appointment with no tenure
implications. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon
satisfactory performance, availability of resources and the needs of the
project. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2015.
Minimum and desired qualifications can be demonstrated through formal or
informal educational settings.
* Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a humanities or social science field, education, digital humanities, or information science at time of appointment
* Experience working in an interdisciplinary humanities and/or social science environment
* Strong written/oral communication skills
* Practical and theoretical experience implementing and researching qualitative research methods, including (but not limited to) oral history, linguistic interviews, sociological field surveys, or comparable studies.
* Demonstrated experience developing/administering programs, events, and collaborative research projects
* Experience with new media and technology applications for research and development in digital technologies
* Experience working on grant-funded projects
To apply, submit the following application materials: 1) a cover letter, 2)
CV/resume and 3) contact information for three references (name, email, phone
number). The application should be submitted electronically as a single PDF to
[log in to unmask] with "Digital Humanities Postdoc" in the subject line.
Application review will begin on June 19, 2015, if not filled, reviews will
occur every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background
check in required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be
considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21412/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/