Getty Research Institute
This is a 1 year, limited term position in the Getty Research Institute's
Information Systems Department.
* The Getty Research Institute is seeking a web application developer to join its team. This position will contribute to multiple projects that support digital humanities research and digital library systems.
* Major Job Responsibilities:
* Under supervision of the Software Architect, contribute to the development of various software projects.
* Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
* Learn new tools, protocols, and skills as needed.
* Create and update thorough documentation for software and configurations.
* Follow team processes (development methodology, testing, version control, etc.).
Bachelor's degree in a related field or a combination of education and
2-5 years software development experience
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Proficient with front end web development tools (HTML5/CSS3, jQuery, Bootstrap, Sass)
* Experience with Linux based operating systems (RHEL & Ubuntu)
* Demonstrated experience with, or capacity to learn, Django and AngularJS for web application development.
* Experience working with version control (Git) and issue tracking (JIRA) systems.
* Ability to communicate well with stakeholders possessing various levels of technical knowledge.
* Ability to quickly learn and use new skills and tools.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/21474/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/