Purdue University – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
Purdue University Libraries
**_Purdue University - Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst_
Purdue University Libraries seeks an enthusiastic, creative, and innovative
individual to join a collaborative, dynamic team of information professionals
who carry out a robust program of integrated information literacy, data
services, and scholarly communication. The Purdue Libraries provides a core
service to the university campus in collecting, maintaining, distributing, and
organizing geospatial information. The person in this position will work with
the Libraries' GIS Specialist to fulfill this mission by engaging with faculty
and students to meet their geospatial information needs.
The GIS Analyst will work with the Libraries' GIS specialist to participate in
geospatial data integration and visualization for different on-going projects
on campus; Manage, upload, and maintain geospatial data generated by different
research groups; Visualize and publish geospatial data; Explore options to
generate online maps; Create metadata; Participate in OpenGeoportal project
development as part of a CIC (Big Ten) cooperative project; Assist in GIS
teaching module preparation; Contribute to outreach efforts, such as Purdue
GIS Day; Manage the geospatial data collections, including system monitoring,
making periodic backups, and troubleshooting problems when needed.
* Master's degree from an accredited GIS program or a discipline with a significant GIS component.
* One year of experience in the use of GIS software to store, manage, create, analyze, and display geospatial data.
* Experience in creating and managing geodatabases or willingness to learn how to create and manage geodatabases.
* Understanding of purpose and structure of metadata schemes.
* Experience with GIS programing and web GIS or willingness to learn.
* Good team work and project management skills.
* GIS certificate.
* Geodatabase development and geospatial metadata creation.
* Experience with ArcGIS suite of software, including ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE database and geospatial mobile applications.
* Development of online instructional materials and/or teaching experience.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
For consideration submit resume and apply online for this staff position at:
www.purdue.edu/careers (optional more direct link:
and reference Job Number 1501721.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are
encouraged to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22371/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/