Manager, Client Services & Library Facilities
Thompson Rivers University
Kamloops, British Columbia
Manager, Client Services & Library Facilities - (01220)
Open to both Internal and external
**Posting In effect from**
**Closing Application Date**
Applications will be reviewed commencing the closing application date and may
continue until the position is filled.
**Anticipated Start Date**
Thompson Rivers University Library seeks an outstanding collaborator, skilled
communicator and innovative problem solver to join our student centered
administrative team as Manager, Client Services & Library Facilities.
TRU is a comprehensive, learner-centered, environmentally responsible
institution that serves regional, national, and international learners and
their communities through high quality and flexible education, training,
research and scholarship. TRU currently serves over 24,000 learners - 12,000
on campus and 12,000 studying through TRU Open Learning. The TRU Library
serves them all and is fully committed to providing outstanding user centered
services that support users where they are through full commitment to the
University Strategic Priorities of Student Success, Research Excellence,
Intercultural Development, Sustainability and Entrepreneurship.
Reporting to the University Librarian, the Manager, Client Services & Library
Facilities, is an integral part of the administrative leadership team and is
primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Library including
oversight of facilities, coordination of assessment activities, project
management across library departments and the skillful supervision, and
management, of library staff in the delivery of excellent client services. The
incumbent will ensure ongoing service excellence, promote and execute staff
development and training and participate in the timely development of
innovative and user centered services to meet the needs of both on campus and
off campus learners. This position is located on the Kamloops campus.
* In collaboration with functional librarians, supervise library support staff with specific responsibility for recruitment, scheduling, evaluation, training and development that engenders strong service ethic and user centeredness within a unionized environment.
* In coordination with University Librarian and functional librarians, provide oversight and management of various financial processes, including tracking and paying of invoices and ensuring cash handling meets institutional and industry standards.
* Assist University Librarian with development and management of the annual library budget and provide leadership for the annual strategic and service planning cycle.
* In collaboration with all library staff, develop, interpret and administer library policies and procedures as necessary.
* Act as primary contact and lead for facilities maintenance and operational effectiveness including tracking and notifying appropriate departments on repairs or other facilities related activities. Advise and coordinate with University Librarian on issues of concern.
* Participate in assessment of library services and user needs, in conjunction and collaboration with librarians, support staff, and campus departments including Institutional Planning & Analysis.
* In coordination with functional librarians, manage the collection, and engage in the analysis and dissemination of library statistics for both internal and external stakeholders.
* Collaborate with librarians, staff and University Librarian to ensure ongoing quality service, facilities and resources are available to all users.
* Serve on committees as required and appropriate.
* Serve as Acting University Librarian when University Librarian is away or as needed.
* Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree, or equivalent, from an ALA accredited program. Human Resources training or coursework is considered an asset.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience in a library setting, including three (3) years of relevant administrative and/or supervisory experience, preferably within a unionized environment. Experience with basic web page editing and creation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both written and oral.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and supervise staff in a rapidly changing work place with a commitment to collaborative and collegial governance in a unionized environment. Working knowledge of Human Resource processes and practices.
* Experience building and managing organizational budgets with a solid understanding of financial issues as they relate to higher education and academic libraries.
* Knowledge and experience with a wide range of current technologies, including Microsoft Office applications, and a strong understanding of emerging trends in academic libraries.
* Solid understanding of all areas of academic library operations including both public and technical service areas. Basic understanding of library systems and IT infrastructure needs of academic libraries is considered an asset.
* Demonstrated ability to engage with staff and users to proactively solve problems and knowledge of innovative conflict resolution and transition management theory and practice.
* Ability to work independently with minimal oversight as well as work as part of a team with both internal and external partners.
* Ability to gather, analyze and apply data and statistical analysis to a variety of situations. Experience in user needs assessment would be considered an asset.
* Evidence of successful project management including program development, planning and administration.
* Demonstrated interest and participation in professional development activities.
Please Note: If you are selected for interview, please ensure that you bring a
copy of your transcripts to the interview
Admin Pay Band CL
Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Library -> University Library
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to
Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the
four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities,
and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they
belong to any of the four designated groups.
NOTE: To learn more about living in Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University
please visit our Web Site. Living in Kamloops and working at the TRU
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22053/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/