IT Analyst, Information Management Services (Appraisal Archivist) (term)
Job TitleIT Analyst,
Information Management Services (Appraisal Archivist)
FamilyInformation Management and Technology
Background / General description:
Information and Technology Solutions - Knowledge and Information (ITSKI)
provides information services to World Bank Group staff and the public. The
services are provided by three units: the World Bank Group Library, the World
Bank Group Archives and the Internal Documents Unit as well as the Open
Information Program. This position is in the appraisal team
of the World Bank Group Archives.
The World Bank Group Archives provides Bank Group staff and the global
community with access to relevant information and services to: foster
knowledge, transparency, and accountability; and reflect history to enable
effective delivery of development solutions. The Archives is responsible for:
AMS 10.11 on Records Management (including advisory services, policy
compliance outreach and training, appraisal / retention schedule, and
requirements for systems); off-site records center services in Boyers,
Pennsylvania; implementation of The World Bank Policy on Access to
Information; creating knowledge products that promote the history of the World
Bank Group and the archival holdings; and the preservation and intellectual
control required to maintain access to archival records according to
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a
Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-
Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
* Facilitate delivery of core services and functions as part of the Archives' appraisal team including, but not limited to: writing and revising records retention and disposition schedules based on strong functional analysis; analyzing business processes and document workflows; conducting appraisal interviews and on-site visits; analyzing and appraising business functions to determine the value of records; and providing guidance to clients on identifying and applying relevant disposal authorities to their records.
* Apply corporate retention and disposition authorities to electronic record keeping systems using macro-appraisal principles.
* Manage workflow for records manager and compliance roles in WBG electronic records management system, including privileged deletion and legal holds.
* Manage notification process for destruction of electronic records notifications.
* Provide end user support on records management functionality in WBG business systems.
* Participate in database decommissioning projects, which includes reviewing and appraising electronic content to determine final disposition of records.
* Collaborate with information technology teams on decisions pertaining to integrating business solutions with the Bank's approved electronic records management system versus building retention and disposition requirements into systems that are not designed as records management systems.
* Implement records retention and disposition schedules for WBG records and work with appraisal team to identify disposition data remediation or corrections at the end of the records' lifecycle.
* Implement storage, protection and preservation plans by describing, classifying, developing and assigning metadata for complex electronic and analog information resources following guidelines.
* Contribute to the formulation and implementation of policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to information management, services and governance.
* Provide input to the development of quality control standards, metadata and cataloging rules for a variety of electronic systems.
* As an integral part of the Archives team, be an active participant in Archives' day to day projects, responsibilities and deliverables.
* Mentor, motivate and provide direction, guidance and training to junior team members in carrying out the defined work program.
* Monitor creation, organization and use of information resources and assesses compliance with information management related policies, including information classification, standards and objectives to identify emerging issues and potential improvements.
* Design, develop and deliver training and learning activities on information management systems so that clients can effectively use resources to stay in compliance.
* MA/MS in Library and Archives, Information Science or related field, plus minimum 2 years of relevant experience; or BA/BS Degree in Library and Archives plus 4 year experience in an institutional archives is a minimum requirement.
* Experience in both Archives and Information Management which should reflect increasing responsibility and experience with corporate recordkeeping, archives/information centers and/or content management.
* Knowledge and understanding of typical archives business processes and archives information systems; knowledge of TRIM Context, Documentum or open source archives software a plus;
* Demonstrated conceptual, analytic and innovative problem solving ability; ability to conduct independent research and functional analysis;
* Proven ability to contribute to projects with minimum guidance; capacity to work both independently and in a team; willingness to seek advice and assistance.
* Proven ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff at different levels across the unit; evidence of leadership effectiveness.
* Superior writing skills in English a must; proven ability to write concise and accurate reports, and good public outreach skills a must.
* Sound theoretical and/or applied knowledge of archives database and information management systems.
* Ability to make judgments on the archival value of the variety of documents and business records of the organization.
* Knowledge of and experience with standards and best practices for records management. Familiarity with records and document management software systems. Knowledge of inactive records storage facility/ technology and systems. Familiarity with electronic records retention to manage data lifecycle. Familiarity with digital preservation.
* Demonstrated interest in and understanding of the Bank Group's work and objectives. External candidates must at a minimum be familiar with the mission and objectives of the World Bank Group.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22191/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/