Senior Product Manager- Discovery
OCLC Dublin, Ohio (Headquarters)
Discover. Innovate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a
career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio,
is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With
office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering
premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace
with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Senior Product Manager-Discovery is the product owner for WorldCat
Discovery, WorldCat Local and First Search and has responsibility for product
strategy, prioritizing product development, and tactical execution of the
product roadmaps. The SPM also collaborates with the sales, marketing and
implementation teams as needed to ensure business success and customer
satisfaction for the products.
Interested in helping libraries provide exceptional discovery experiences to
their end-users? OCLC is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager who
is passionate about building products that customers love. Take charge of our
discovery products in use at thousands of libraries worldwide and work with
cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out features and products
that delight end-users and show the value of libraries the content they
As product owner, you will be responsible for all aspects of product planning
and development. This role also works collaboratively with the product
marketing team in product release and promotional efforts.
• Be the strategy leader. Oversee market analysis and develop product strategy
and business cases. Define strategic product goals based on market, member and
user needs, and overall strategic goals.
• Represent the end-user. Be the champion of the end-user and our member
libraries. Bring the voice of the customer into the product creation process.
• Provide leadership in OCLC's cross-functional product workgroups. Work with
product managers from other groups to understand needs from their portfolios
and how to prioritize those needs against each other. Help resolve conflicts
and drive consensus.
• Facilitate collaboration and communication and secure commitment between
development team and product management and other divisional workgroups
towards achievement of common goals.
• Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product.
Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable
conclusions and product goals.
• Assist in the development of strategies for customer acquisition and
retention; manage relationships with user groups and assist sales team in
generation of marketing and awareness plans.
• Know the market. Understand how and when to commission market research in
order to develop and maintain expertise in markets served, alternative
services, new technology, and related standards. Make adjustments to product
plan as new market facts are discovered.
• Support the sales team through training, assistance with significant sales
calls and presentations, and clear communication of product positioning and
key value propositions.
What you need to be successful:
• Strong understanding of the software Product Management Lifecycle model
• Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance customer needs
with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
• Proven ability to lead and take a stand using market facts and data to back
up your position.
• Exceptional collaboration, communications and presentation skills.
• Previous experience developing and implementing company-wide go-to-market
plans, working with all departments to execute.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years product management experience working directly with
software developers on either enterprise or consumer web-based, software-
• Demonstrated ability with financial planning and financial forecasting
• Experience in managing staff or team leadership
• Experience leading cross functional workgroups
• An MLS degree or library or library industry experience
• Experience taking at least one product from conception to market launch
• Knowledge of mobile technologies
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites (15%).
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5xvddnmn8g
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22447/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/