Director of Library Repository Services and Technology
Arizona State University
Under the direction of the Associate University Librarian & Chief Technology
Office, responsible for the design, development, and management of library
repository services and technologies. Oversees the implementation of
platforms, processes, services, and systems for scholarly, research, archival,
and other related repository functions.
• Responsible for executing strategy related to repository services and
technologies including the design and correct implementation of systems and
• Analyzes requirements and develops work plans and time schedules including
outlining phases, personnel, and other resource requirements; monitors
workload and progress and adjusts schedule and plan as necessary.
• Coordinates with the Digital Projects Librarian and Discovery Services teams
to solve complex procedural, operational, and technical issues related to
repository platform and service objectives.
• Leads activities with technology staff to provide resources and technology
solutions to address issues relating to hardware infrastructure, middleware,
and other technology-based systems/platforms.
• Participates with library administrators and managers in planning, directing
and coordinating personnel to meet goals and objectives.
• Evaluates software products, frameworks, and libraries to determine their
applicability to repository and related projects.
• Completes or contributes to various reports and summaries to management,
grant-makers, and/or other constituents including status reports and progress
• Assures that appropriate levels of technical and related support are
available to both expert users and consumers of services.
• Participates in the development of data format and metadata standards for
repository, data management, and other services.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field AND five (5) years' of
systems and/or programming experience which includes three (3) years'
experience managing technology projects involving academic or other comparable
information services infrastructure; OR, any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/22217/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/