Head of Digital Library Services
University of Utah
Salt Lake City
The J. Willard Marriott Library seeks an energetic, visionary, innovative, and
accomplished professional for the position of Head, Digital Library Services
(DLS). This is an excellent opportunity to work with collaborative, energetic,
and enthusiastic colleagues in developing and delivering an information
environment that significantly advances end-user resource discovery and use of
digital library services. Overseeing digital operations, metadata work related
to digital projects, and digital preservation services and reporting to the
Associate Dean for IT and Digital Library Services, the successful candidate
• Provide strategic vision, leadership, and supervision of day-to-day
activities in DLS.
• Collaborate with library and campus units, faculty, and students in order to
foster and integrate new digital library solutions that will shape the future
of the university's information environment.
• Work closely with the Library's Information Technology Departments to
develop and maintain supporting infrastructure.
• Develop policies and procedures for efficiently managing digital assets from
digitization and metadata creation through ingestion into Marriott Library's
digital repository and other systems.
• Develop long-term preservation strategies and procedures.
• Shape new directions for services that integrate digital tools and
techniques in support of student learning and faculty research and scholarship
• Identifies appropriate established and emerging technologies to meet the
needs of digital projects
• Manage the department, including planning, policy, and personnel matters.
While this position focuses primarily on Digital Library Services, all faculty
librarians serve the needs of University faculty, staff, and students along
with members of the local community. Work across organizational lines is
encouraged to support and strengthen all services in the Marriott Library. The
Head of DLS will assist with implementing the Marriott Library's Strategic
Directions (http://bit.ly/1KBroYK) and will be expected to be professionally
active through participation in appropriate professional societies and through
research and publication.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24054/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/