Photo Library & Digital Asset Management Intern
Turner Broadcasting System
Duties: The photo library and digital asset management intern will work
alongside the staff responsible for the management and preservation of
Turner's photography library supporting the programming, promotion, and
corporate activities of Turner. The intern will gain insight into the
photography workflow (from creation through distribution) that supports
entertainment, news, sports and corporate divisions of Turner.
This position's responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Participation in the day-to-day operations of the photo library to ensure accessibility to the digital photo collection, including file management, organization, metadata and naming standards.
- Demonstrating proficiency in the multiple systems utilized by Turner Image to manage, organize and distribute assets.
- Participation in the ingest and cataloging of assets in the company's digital asset management system, adhering to Turner's metadata standards.
- Participation in projects related to metadata clean-up, photo research and the photo library physical archives.
- Candidate seeking a career in Library Science or Archival Studies preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Knowledge of digital photography and Adobe Photoshop helpful
Please Note: Spring 2016 inTURNERship Program dates are January 25th - April
1st. Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not
provided. Participation in the internship program is limited to college level
rising juniors, seniors and graduate students who are currently enrolled in
school. A strong academic record, 3.0 or higher, is preferred. Note to
International Students: All international students will be required to provide
documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to
the program. Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship
Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as
possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis. Competitive
candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/23700/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/