**Please excuse cross-posting**
Technology Specialist/System Administration
OhioNET, a not-for-profit library service organization, is looking for a qualified individual with a background in library systems administration to fill its open Technology Specialist position.
As part of OhioNET's technology services support team, this individual will:
* Administer hardware, operating systems and/or related network infrastructure for OhioNET-managed library systems (currently three physical servers co-located in external data center and two virtual servers on managed infrastructure)
* Assist in the support and administration of library applications and other components of OhioNET-managed systems, which include multiple shared integrated library systems and proxy servers.
* Provide front-line technical support to member libraries and their staff to support their effective use of those systems and services.
* Assist in the identification, investigation, development and implementation of technology-related services and solutions that support the needs of OHIONET member libraries and groups.
In consultation with other OhioNET staff, position will:
1. Oversee all aspects of system administration and management for all OhioNET -managed systems/servers including:
a. Innovative Interfaces Sierra servers for the OPAL (Ohio Private Academic Libraries) consortium;
b. Innovative Interfaces Millennium server for the OSLS/OHNT2 program;
c. EZproxy servers used by several OhioNET members and the OPAL consortium.
2. Assist with the on-going maintenance and end-user support for OhioNET -managed library systems, with primary focus on the COOL consortium (Consortium of Ohio Libraries) and its Evergreen library management system and EZproxy servers and, as needed, other shared library systems.
3. Provide support via email, telephone and fax to individuals with varying levels of technical expertise.
4. Utilize programming, technical and troubleshooting skills in operating hardware and software employed by the various OhioNET projects and member libraries.
5. Coordinate system service, maintenance, updates and/or replacement with other OhioNET staff, participating libraries, vendor representatives and consultants.
6. Prepare complete and accurate documentation to support systems and projects.
7. Participate in after-hours and weekend emergency support rotation.
8. Serve as backup for other departmental staff when applicable.
9. Travel and attend meetings as needed to support OHIONET projects.
10. Perform other duties, as assigned.
* Minimum of one year of experience in system administration and support required;
* Experience with Linux system administration required;
* Experience with library management applications/systems (library service platforms/ILS, discovery systems, etc.) required;
* Familiarity with at least one programming/scripting language;
* Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar) and SQL fundamentals;
* Outstanding problem-solving skills;
* Ability to prioritize among multiple projects;
* Demonstrated troubleshooting skills;
* Strong public or customer service skills;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Project management and coordination skills
* Capability of exercising sound judgment;
* Identify and assess problems, investigate multiple solutions and recommend appropriate solutions;
* Explain technical issues or provide technical instruction to individuals with diverse technological proficiency;
* Work independently and with minimal supervision;
Compensation and benefits include:
* Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience;
* Twenty vacation days, 12 days sick leave and 11 paid holidays;
* TIAA-CREF retirement plan;
* Generous healthcare, dental and vision coverage;
Interested applicants should send a letter of application, resume, and three references with addresses and phone numbers to:
Jennifer Turner, ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
Director of Administrative Services
1500 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus OH 43221
Electronic submissions are acceptable. Applications received by December 1 will receive first consideration.
Director, Technology Services
1500 W Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
t 614-486-2966 ext 27 | f 614-484-1061
e [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.ohionet.org<http://www.ohionet.org>