Please forgive duplication
*Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published Research*
*Call for Submissions*
The Library Research Round Table of the American Library Association
announces the 2016 Jesse H. Shera Award for Distinguished Published
Research. The deadline for submitting entries is *January 31, 2016*. The
LRRT Shera Award Committee will judge the entries for the competition. The
decision of the Committee will be announced by the LRRT Steering Committee
Chair, prior to the Annual Conference.
1. All entries must be research articles published in English during
the *2015* calendar year.
2. Articles may be nominated by any member of LRRT or by the editors
of research journals in the field of library and information studies. No
one may nominate more than two articles.
3. All nominated articles must relate in at least a general way to
library and information studies. Any research method is acceptable.
4. Authors of nominated articles need not be LRRT members.
5. Articles by joint investigators are eligible, as are articles
generated as a result of a research grant or other source of funding.
6. Research articles will be judged on the following points:
· Definition of the research problem;
· Application of research methods;
· Clarity of the reporting of the research;
· Significance of the conclusions, as judged by the Committee.
7. The author(s) of the winning article will receive a Certificate.
To nominate or submit an article (or articles) for the 2016 competition,
e-mail an electronic copy of each article along with a cover letter, both
in PDF format to: *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>* with the subject line: *Shera
Award, Published Research*
Susan Rathbun-Grubb, MSLS, PhD – Chair, Shera Award Committee, LRRT
School of Library and Information Science
University of South Carolina
1501 Greene St.
Columbia, SC 29208
[log in to unmask]