**Please excuse any cross-posting**
The Data Library and Archives at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is looking for an Information Systems Associate II/III – Systems Librarian to join their team. This is a regular, full-time position and is eligible for benefits.
POSITION: Information Systems Associate II/III – Systems Librarian
COMPANY: Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI)
APPLY AT: http://www.whoi.edu/jobs
Reporting to the Director of Library Services at WHOI/Co-Director of the MBL WHOI Library, the Systems Librarian provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and support for traditional and emerging library software solutions and standards.
* Utilizes technologies to provide the best possible experience for library patrons and staff as they search and access the information in our library systems with a focus on the integrated library system, Voyager.
* Supports/maintains computers in the Library offices,
* Collaborates with the Data Librarian and Institution Archivist to support access to Institution data collections and new initiatives.
* Serves as back-up to Data Librarian as necessary.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Master’s Degree in library, information, or computer science with some experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in computing and information service.
* Prefers experience with an integrated library system, as well as experience supporting other library specific software.
* Other preferred experience includes Drupal, and knowledge of metadata standards such as MARC and Dublin Core
* Good communication and interpersonal skills are required
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a TWIC Transportation Worker Identification Credential
Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to lifting shoulder to knee, knee to floor, between 25-50 lbs of weight occasionally; carrying under 50 lbs. Visual abilities include depth perception, ability to see peripherally, ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus, ability to distinguish basic colors. Conversational hearing abilities are required. Other physical tasks include mostly sedentary work, occasional/prolonged standing/walking, use of hands for basic grasping/manipulation, use of hands for fine manipulation, occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching. May be exposed to dust or other irritants. Physical duties are subject to change.
WHOI is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). We are sensitive to the issues of dual career candidates and we will work with applicants to address them. Please visit HERC - for more information.
WHOI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially.
Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact us at (508) 289-2253 or email [log in to unmask] for assistance.