Forwarding on behalf of SEFLIN Executive Director, Jennifer Pratt.
Please excuse any cross-posting.
To apply, send CV and cover letter to:
Jennifer S Pratt, MLS
Office 452 |Wimberly Library | FAU | 777 Glades Road | Boca Raton, FL 33431
P: 877-733-5460 X 229 | D: 561-208-0984 X 229| F: 561-208-0995 |E: [log in to unmask]
The Director of Digital Services manages, promotes, and consults on Digital Services and Digitization efforts within SEFLIN Libraries; guides planning, implementation, and evaluation of digital services projects; guides planning, implementation, and evaluation of the cooperative digitization and preservation efforts; guides office social media and communications; and writes grant applications and reports pertaining to SEFLIN technology- based services.
Develops, writes grant applications and reports pertaining to SEFLIN digital services
· Plans innovative digital strategy services activities based on evaluation results and member needs to include in SEFLIN’s grant applications
· Conducts and evaluates an annual regional digital strategies needs assessment
· Manages grant contracts, activities, expenditures, and evaluations (including statistics, surveys, and narrative reports)
Manages, promotes, and consults on Digital Services and Strategies.
· Consults with libraries to develop a Digital Strategy
· Consults with libraries to increase their visibility through an active social media presence
· Consults with libraries to assess and enhance their web presence and virtual library services
· Assesses the need and develops opportunities for training in digital services planning
Works with the Executive Director and digitization experts to support the growth of regional digitization and preservation efforts.
· Develops on-site training, site visits, and consulting to develop local plans and strategy for developing digital collections with accessible metadata to be harvested for aggregation in Florida’s digital hub/portal.
· Develops and supports a network of libraries, archives, museums, and historical agencies to build a Southeast Florida digital collections directory and identify organizations and people to serve as resources for those getting started with digital programs.
· Works with Bureau of Library Development staff to make sure the directory and expertise resources are collected in a format compatible for adding to statewide data.
Enhances SEFLIN web presence by modeling the use of social media and e-communications.
· Increases visibility of SEFLIN activities through an active social media presence.
· Collects news and items for SEFLIN’s monthly newsletter
· Writes and distributes marketing and advocacy messages on behalf of SEFLIN
· Maintains SEFLIN Meeting Room Event Display
Supports the region and the state’s libraries’ advocacy efforts.
• Develops templates and messages for showcasing library services
• Supports the use of social media for library advocacy
Supports SEFLIN member services as assigned
· Master of Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program
· 5 years of experience, including 2 years directing digital and/or digitization related projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Demonstrated experience in managing digital projects and services is required
o Experience with Social Media development, maintenance, and improvement
o Experience in developing and managing strategic communication plans.
o Knowledge of current trends in digitization and preservation of library collections.
• Previous experience in managing and producing a library e-communication plan
• Demonstrated skills for innovative thinking and creativity in planning, implementing, and evaluating services is required
• Demonstrated excellence in office productivity computer skills including intermediate level proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications as well as web editing and data management .
• Experience in using graphic design with Adobe Photoshop, Connect, Captivate, etc. for using graphic design and establishing organizational identity is preferred
• Experience in working with multi-type library consortia and experience with developing collaborative services is preferred.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and oral skills is required