Junior Software Developer
BC Libraries Cooperative
The BC Libraries Cooperative (http://bc.libraries.coop/) is a non-profit,
member-driven cooperative providing several high availability services to
members across Canada. The Co-op uses primarily open source tools and
contemporary development methodologies and hosting practices.
The Co-op is hiring a full-time (35 hours/week) Junior Developer to work as a
member of our Sitka and EvergreenTM support team. This is a partial
telecommute opportunity; residency in Greater Vancouver area, British Columbia
is required for start date.
As Junior Developer, the successful applicant will primarily support the
Evergreen™ open ILS and related software, hardware and network solutions for
Co-op members. Specific duties include: maintaining and enhancing Evergreen™
and associated systems; developing and deploying solutions to support member
staff and end-users; documentation, troubleshooting and bug fixes; and working
collaboratively with developers in the North American Evergreen™ community.
The ideal candidate brings the strongest possible combination of knowledge and
experience with the following core skills:
* Linux operating systems;
* Relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL);
**Experience with the following will be considered an asset:**
* Knowledge of library-specific standards including SIP2, MARC, and EDI;
* Experience with PHP, WordPress, Drupal, DNS and Puppet.
**Competencies and Qualifications:**
* Bachelor of Computing Science, Engineering or Physics, or significant coursework towards same; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered;
* 1-3 years of increasingly responsible related experience is required;
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely;
* Ability to manage stress;
* A sense of humour;
* Ability to work collaboratively and positively with individuals and groups in a distributed environment (team members do not all work in one location).
**What we offer:**
* Flexibility. While the Co-op is headquartered in downtown Vancouver, this is primarily a virtual office opportunity for the right candidate. Most of the Co-op staff work remotely, using the Vancouver office for regular or occasional face-to-face meet-ups.
* The opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a growing community enterprise.
* This position is a full-time, limited term employment position with the option for renewal and/or permanent employee status (budget dependent).
_**How to apply**_
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume in **PDF
format** to [log in to unmask] no later than **1600 Pacific Time,
January 22, 2016.**
Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the position requirements.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only shortlisted candidates will
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24695/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/