Oregon Public Broadcasting
OPB is looking for an experienced Media Archivist excited to organize and
catalog our media collection and actively assist content creators in research.
This salaried, exempt position is a full time, regular status position with
Work closely with all work groups to ensure assets* created by OPB are
properly cataloged, stored and readily available for internal and external
use. Actively manage physical and digital assets, nearline and online as well
as offline assets. Develop and maintain criteria and methodologies for
inclusion and de-acquisition of assets in the collection. Proactively review
in order to advise unit leaders, content creators, and others on retention and
de-acquisition of assets.
Manage Digital Asset Management system as well as maintain metadata structures
and taxonomies. Manage volunteers, interns and temporary staff. Direct staff
of content distribution specialists available for day-to-day functions of
ingest and distribution of content. Be a resource that informs OPB staff and
outside entities about the value of our library of materials. Handle stock
*Assets are defined as content or content related documentation which is created, or available for use, by OPB staff. This could include audio and video assets, photos, scripts and transcripts, graphics and any other digital and/or physical materials/assets.
This position will be physically located with content creators in an open
office environment, and works at a computer most of the time, entering data
and reviewing documents and media clips. Some heavy lifting may be
* Five years experience in archive management.
* Understanding of rights and licensing.
* Working knowledge of computers, databases and asset management systems.
* Good communication skills and ability to work well with a wide variety of work groups and people.
* Ability to work independently, with a cooperative spirit and a drive toward problem solving.
* Understanding of the interactive project lifecycle.
* Familiarity with moving content between multimedia formats.
* Experience managing staff, including volunteers and interns.
* Ability to negotiate with clients over the phone and through email in a pleasant yet assertive manner.
* Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
* Graduate studies in Museology, Archival studies or Library Science, or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of regional history and how that applies to media.
Please send an email or letter of interest requesting the instructions on how
to apply for this position (Media Archivist) to [log in to unmask] or OPB Human
Resources, 7140 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, OR 97219.
Instructions on how to apply will be sent within 24 hours of receiving the
letter of interest Monday through Friday. If a letter of interest is sent over
the weekend or a holiday, application instructions will be sent by the end of
the next business day.
All application materials are due by:
Feb. 26, 2016, 5 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24800/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/