Western Governors University
Salt Lake City
The WGU Digital Archivist is responsible for collecting, organizing,
cataloging and maintaining the university's important documents and records.
The primary accountabilities of this position will be establishing a digital
storage and retrieval system, working with all WGU departments to collect and
preserve key documentation and records, and ensuring that the archives and
updated, maintained, and accessible to university faculty and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Researching and implementing a searchable digital archiving system that will meet the university's needs efficiently and cost effectively.
* Defining criteria for which materials should be archived.
* Working across university departments to collect key records and documents (including photographs and video) for archiving.
* Developing an effective method for sorting and cataloging records and documents.
* Writing and implementing a process for collecting and maintaining archives to ensure that they are up to date.
* Training other staff members to use the archive.
* Ensuring that WGU's system is up to date and meets all regulatory requirements.
EXEMPLAR PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS (final measures defined in relation to
strategic media plan)
* Development and/or acquisition of a searchable, user-friendly online archive.
* Effective management of record and document collection process.
* Development of logical sorting and cataloging of archives.
* Effective user training.
* Maintenance of the archive, ensuring that it is up to date.
* Compliance with applicable regulations.
* Knowledge of digital archiving processes and systems.
* Understanding of document management.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work across departments and with staff at all levels.
* Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work independently, conceptualize projects and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to engage and manage outside vendors
* Ability to understand and interpret information accurately.
* Ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
* Ability to influence others positively.
* Demonstrated skill and ability in archiving and library science.
* Demonstrated skill and ability in the effective use of equipment, computers and other resources for completion of projects.
* Self-direction and reliability.
* Outstanding writing skills.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and customer service skills.
* A bachelor's or master's degree in library science, archiving, records management, documentation, or the equivalent.
* Preferred 3 to 5 years of experience in library science, records management, documentation, or related field, including internships. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience is acceptable.
* Knowledge of digital archiving systems and vendors.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24713/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/