The Texas Digital Library (TDL) Awards Committee invites nominations for the 2016 TDL Awards.
TDL Awards acknowledge outstanding digital library work at academic libraries throughout Texas. The TDL Awards Committee encourages individuals to nominate themselves, as well as other individuals and groups, for recognition of the innovative and important work happening across the state in digital libraries.
Awards will be given in six categories:
* Innovative Outreach Award: Honors an individual or team at a Texas academic library that demonstrates a creative and successful approach to reaching new users and building awareness of an organization's digital library.
* Scholarly Communications Award: Honors the work of an individual or group in a Texas academic library who has made significant advances in our understanding of the issues surrounding scholarly communication and/or in developing innovative solutions to address current academic publishing.
* TDL Service Award: Honors a Texas Digital Library member (individual or group) who has made significant contributions to the TDL consortium and/or a member who has used TDL services to their fullest potential.
* Trailblazer Award: Honors the work of individuals or groups within Texas academic libraries who have used limited resources in innovative ways to create, maintain, or support digital collections.
* Leadership in Digital Libraries Award: Honors an individual at a Texas academic library who has made significant contributions and improvements related to digital libraries.
* Excellence in Digital Libraries Award: Honors an institution, group, or project at a Texas academic library that has demonstrated overall excellence in one or more areas of digital library practice.
Awardees will be honored at the 2016 Texas Conference on Digital Libraries<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fconferences.tdl.org%2Ftcdl%2Findex.php%2FTCDL%2FTCDL2016&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcsfFJKYlJ2aQz50-7_EPy70jUcNQ> in Austin, May 24-26, 2016. With the exception of the TDL Service Award, all awards are open to nominations from any academic institution in Texas regardless of affiliation with the TDL. Additionally, nominations are also open to groups in partnership with Texas academic libraries for all awards except the Leadership in Digital Libraries Award and the TDL Service Award. Self-nominations are accepted.
* February 7, 2016: Deadline for submissions
* March 18, 2016: Notification of award recipients
* May 24-26: Dates for the Texas Conference on Digital Libraries, at which awards will be distributed. Attendance at the conference is not required to receive an award.
More information about criteria and processes for selection, and submitting a nomination, is available at the TDL Awards website: http://tdl.org/awards/
For questions about the awards, please email: [log in to unmask]
2016 TDL Awards Committee:
* Billie Peterson-Lugo (Chair), Baylor University
* Mark Phillips, University of North Texas
* Rachel Vacek, University of Houston
* Nerissa Lindsey, Texas A&M International University
* Lauren Goodley, Texas State University
* Laura Waugh, Texas Digital Library