Video Archivist & Post Production Specialist
University of Southern California
We are currently seeking a Video Archivist and Post-Production Specialist to
join the Shoah Foundation Institute for Visual History and Education
department within Information Technology Services. The Video and Post
Production Specialist will be responsible for the digitization, preservation,
and quality assurance of the new genocide collections archive within the Shoah
Foundation; he/she will oversee the collection, management and transfer area
of broadcast video equipment, a content management system and staff that
operate all of the systems. The successful candidate should have video post-
production experience, knowledge of scanning techniques and digital file
formats, and experience utilizing digital reproduction technologies for
preservation and access.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to providing information
technology (IT) solutions to support the schools and research and
administrative units at the university. ITS provides essential university-wide
services in the areas of information technology and operations, including the
wired and wireless networks, systems security, and telephone services;
technology-enhanced learning, including multimedia classrooms and USC
computing labs; enterprise information systems, including email and the Kuali
Financial System; high-performance computing; and IT support for the USC Shoah
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in
the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of
Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class
research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of
the faculty, students and staff that make the university a great place to
* Must have a Bachelor's degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
* Must possess a minimum of 2 years of directly related video post-production experience.
* Must possess a minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing digital reproduction technologies for preservation and access.
* Must have experience with archival equipment.
* Must possess knowledge of scanning techniques and digital file formats.
* Demonstrated specialized knowledge pertinent to materials in collection(s)
* Typically possesses 2 years of experience as a Special Collections Archivist.
* Typically possesses experience with Final Cut Pro, Avid Pro Tools, and Avid Media Composer
* Strong written and communication skills.
* Ability to meet and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff/faculty
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while balancing and prioritizing multiple projects
* Ability to learn, adapt quickly and work well under pressure.
* Demonstrated organizational skills, extreme attention to detail and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Oversees the collection, management and transfer area that consists of racks of broadcast video equipment, a content management system and staff that operate all of the systems. Administers educational, instructional and/or reference materials collection(s). Ensures the integrity of tapes in the archive. Oversees preservation projects concerning tapes in the archive. Provides services for patrons.
* Oversees the fulfillment of access requests and responds to requests for information concerning the collection. Determines how to handle problematic requests and/or the cost for a particular access request. Inventories collection; reconciles and organizes data and reports concerning the location and condition of the collection. Uses accepted methods of protecting and preserving delicate documents, and video and digital materials.
* Stays informed of new developments and technologies.
* Receives, inventories, catalogs and shelves or stores all new acquisitions according to professional standards.
* Provides leadership, guidance and direction to staff and/or student workers within unit, as assigned. Schedules and assigns work and sets priorities. Demonstrates techniques, equipment or procedures to others. Trains employees as needed.
* Oversees the design and development of information systems. Defines the needs and oversees the development and/or modification and integration of software and/or software tools for the collection. Troubleshoots a system that is down. Ensures compliance with department and university policies.
* Modifies and implements operational procedures for the collection. Interprets policies and procedures.
* Gathers facts and figures to develop a budget. Provides projections as appropriate.
* Defines equipment needs. Selects special collection items or equipment for purchase.
* Performs other duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 3 years of Video and Audio Post-Production experience
* Experience with Final Cut Pro, Avid Pro Tools, and Avid Media Composer
* Experience in a higher education environment
* Experience as a Special Collections Archivist.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24817/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/