Summer 2016 Oberman Internship
Jewish Public Library
The Jewish Public Library Archives (JPL-A) is pleased to announce that
applications are now open for the 2016 Sonia and David Oberman Archive
Internship. This internship supports the mandate of the JPL-A to collect,
preserve, and make available to the public the social, economic, and cultural
accomplishments of Montreal's Jewish community.
The goal of the internship is to increase public awareness of the JPL-A's
unique collections through a variety of projects including, but not limited
* Arrangement and description of an archival collection;
* Digitization of an archival collection;
* Creation of an archival exhibit, physical and virtual;
* Creation of educational materials using archival collections;
* Assistance in strategic planning, preservation management, or project management;
* Design and delivery of social media strategies;
* Development of partnerships in cultural and heritage sectors.
Once selected, the successful candidate will participate in the design of
their project and work plan.
* All applicants must be current students or recent graduates (within 2 years).
* Applicants from diverse fields and levels will be considered: archival studies, library and information studies, communications, Jewish studies, religious studies, history, arts management, etc.
* Must have strong technology skills. Knowledge of database management, metadata application, and digitization an asset.
* Knowledge of the Montreal Jewish community's history an asset but not required.
* Knowledge and experience working with Rules for Archival Description standards an asset.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24819/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/