Data and Publications Librarian, Inter-American Development Bank
Felipe Herrera Library, Knowledge and Learning Department
The Inter-American Development (IDB) Bank Main Library seeks a
collaborative, energetic, innovative and service-oriented Data and
Publications Librarian to join its established team of information
professionals. This position contributes advanced understanding and
technical knowledge of IDB’s sectoral data curation and visualization, as
well as publication processes and dissemination of publications. The ideal
candidate will have a combination of interpersonal and technical skills
that will contribute to the library stewardship on the curation and
dissemination of IDB’s data and publications.
- Master’s Degree in areas related to Information Sciences, Computer
Sciences, Library Sciences, or similar.
- A second degree in a data-oriented social science discipline (such as
economics or statistics) is a definite asset, although comparable expertise
will be considered.
- A minimum of four (4) years of data preservation, curation and
dissemination, (including content description and representation, metadata
standards and workflows) for both socio-economic indicators sets and other
- Experience preferable working for libraries, information centers, or
other applied-research oriented settings.
- Demonstrated subject knowledge in quantitative methods as employed in
the social sciences and economic fields. Understanding of issues related to
- Languages: Fluent in at least 2 official Bank languages (advanced,
writing and speaking, command of English and Spanish is preferred).
- Technical skills: Experience with tools for managing data and
publications digital platforms (preferably DSpace and Socrata); Experience
data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Google Public Data
Explorer, and d3.js; Experience using statistical software such as Stata,
SPSS or RStudio.; Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
(Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
To apply visit the "Be IDB" ("Careers at IDB") Jobs website at
Please search for job posting # 1500009232, “Data and Publications
Librarian (Learning & Knowledge Mgmt Specialist/ Senior Associate)
DPS-IM Student, Cohort #5
School of Information Studies
Norma Palomino, MSIS
"I'm young, very young. And it took me a lot of time to be this young".