Outcomes and Assessment Librarian at UMKC Libraries
University of Missouri–Kansas City
Comprehensive research university library at America's creative crossroads in
an affordable and vibrant city, seeks candidates with energy, creativity,
flexibility, and strong commitment to public services for the position of
Outcomes and Assessment Librarian in the UMKC University Libraries.
The Outcomes and Assessment Librarian implements major components of the UMKC
University Libraries strategic plan to put students at the center and to
advance research. This position has primary responsibility for:
* Provide leadership in the development and implementation of Outcomes Based Planning and Evaluation (OBPE) process to set priorities and inform decision-making;
* Coordinate assessment efforts across the Libraries;
* Conduct end-user research;
* Pursue personal professional development and contribute to the profession.
The position reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and Planning.
UMKC exemplifies the values of education first, innovation, accountability,
diversity, and collaboration. UMKC holds a firm commitment to engage and lead
the larger community in a variety of ways appropriate to its status as a
forward-thinking cultural, intellectual and educational center. The UMKC
University Libraries are in the midst of several facility upgrades that will
enhance student learning with collaborative learning spaces and innovative
* Master's degree in Library Science (MLS, MSLS, MLIS, etc.) from an ALA-accredited institution;
* A minimum of three (3) years of academic library experience;
* An articulated user-centered philosophy;
* Library assessment and/or usability experience;
* Leadership, project management, or team leadership experience;
* Demonstrated strong analytic skills as evidenced through scholarly work or past projects;
* Demonstrated ability to work positively and productively with diverse constituencies in a dynamic environment;
* Evidenced ability to work in a collegial fashion with undergraduate, professional and graduate students, faculty, researchers, alumni and community members;
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-based, service-oriented environment;
* Evidence of professional initiative, mature judgment;
* Excellent oral, written, planning, and interpersonal skills;
* Potential to meet promotion requirements in non-tenure track appointment;
* Experience conducting and publishing research using the following methodologies: Ethnographic observation, Usability testing, Interviews, Observation, Design activities, and/or Literature reviews;
* Experience working in an urban academic environment
**Salary: **Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience and excellent retirement/benefits package.
**Application Instructions: **Application materials must be submitted online at http://www.umkc.edu/hr/career-opportunities/default.asp. Applicants must combine all application materials (personal letter of interest with accompanying curriculum vitae and a list of references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
**Applications received by February 21, 2016 will receive priority consideration.**
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if
you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
You may address your cover letter to: David Lindahl, Chair of Search
Committee. For inquiries, please contact 816-235-1531 or [log in to unmask]
**UMKC is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer**
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24871/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/