Computer History Museum
The Computer History Museum, located in Mountain View, California, seeks an
individual for an internship. The prospective intern will work at the Cisco
Archive, a joint project between the Computer History Museum and Cisco Systems
to establish an Archive documenting the impact and history of the industry
leader in early networking.
The Museum is a unique and exciting institution. It is home to one of the
largest and most rare collection of information technology related documents
and the largest collection of computer related artifacts in the world. The
Museum's vision is to explore the computing revolution and its impact on human
experience. Backed by leaders and innovators of the computer industry, CHM is
actively working on exhibits, collections, public programs, and special
The intern has primary responsibility for processing a portion of the Cisco
Archive collection including folder-level processing of Cisco Systems records,
item level cataloging and digitization of images and marketing materials. The
Archives Intern reports to the Cisco Archivist.
Required Qualifications, Attributes and Skills:
* Graduate student working towards a degree with coursework or experience in library, information studies, or museum studies. Preferably with archives coursework and/or experience.
* Detail-oriented and ability to be flexible.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Proficiency with Windows and database software.
* 12 hours a week for 3 months. The majority of the work will be performed on-site at Cisco System's Milpitas / San Jose campus with the opportunity for some telecommuting. Hours are flexible within 9 am to 6 pm work day.
* Sense of humor.
Preferred Qualifications, Attributes and Skills:
* Knowledge of cataloging principles and standards.
* Ability to use a scanner and scanner software.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24843/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/