Digital Humanities Librarian
San Diego State University
San Diego State University Library & Information Access seeks applications and
nominations of dynamic, innovative, and service-oriented candidates for the
position of Digital Humanities Librarian. This is an exciting opportunity for
a forward-thinking individual to collaborate with SDSU's Digital Humanities
Initiative to envision and develop digital scholarship services at SDSU. This
position will help build on one of SDSU's Areas of Excellence, "Digital
Humanities and Global Diversity," which generates humanistic critical research
with a specific focus on diversity. This position is appointed at the Senior
Assistant Librarian or Associate Librarian rank, depending on qualifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
* Serve as a strategist and resource person for the library on digital scholarship and collaborate with cross-disciplinary faculty in the "Digital Humanities and Global Diversity" Area of Excellence;
* Plan and implement new services to support digital humanities across the university based on current standards, best practices, and user needs;
* Provide expert consultation, support, and training on digital scholarship tools and techniques, including but not limited to, digital curation software, text-mining, and data-visualization;
* Identify and evaluate current and emerging tools that support digital research and teaching;
* Initiate, build and nurture excellent relationships with a diverse university community to assist researchers in planning effective, innovative, and sustainable digital projects;
* Work independently and collaboratively with colleagues to identify current and emerging digital scholarship projects and to understand and develop strategies to support student and faculty needs;
* Take a leadership role in conceptualizing and developing a future digital scholarship lab in the library;
* Participate in fundraising and grant writing activities to support digital scholarship initiatives;
* Participate in professional development activities to demonstrate a continuous and meritorious record of scholarly contributions and achievements in the profession;
* Participate in library and university organizations, committees, task forces, and teams as appropriate;
* Serve as a subject librarian for a humanities or social sciences discipline;
* Other duties as needed.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure track faculty position. Tenure is
dependent upon continuing library service effectiveness, professional growth
and development, and service to the University and community.
Rank of Senior Assistant Librarian to Associate Librarian, depending on
qualifications. Salary commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as 24
vacation days per year.
San Diego State University is a major public research institution offering
bachelor's degrees in 89 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas, and doctorates
in 21 areas. The university provides transformative experiences, both inside
and outside of the classroom, for its 34,000 students. Students participate in
research, international experiences, sustainability and entrepreneurship
initiatives, and a broad range of student life and leadership opportunities.
The university's rich campus life features opportunities for students to
participate in, and engage with, the creative and performing arts, a Division
I athletics program, and the vibrant cultural life of the San Diego region.
For more information, visit www.sdsu.edu.
SDSU is a large, diverse, urban university and Hispanic-Serving Institution
with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence. Our campus
community is diverse in many ways, including race, religion, color, sex, age,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, national origin, pregnancy, medical condition, and covered veteran
status. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming environment for all. SDSU
is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience in and/or commitment to
teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and
members of underrepresented groups.
This position will remain open until filled. Review will begin immediately.
Preference will be given to applications received by March 8, 2016. Applicants
must apply via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/34013 Anticipated
start date is August 2016.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/24887/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/